General use of Liquiproof
How do I use Liquiproof? Follow the method described below or the video to ensure the most effective protection effect on your trainers
- Make sure the surface of the shoes is clean and free from dust and dirt.
- If your shoes are wet or damp because you have cleaned them, let them dry first!
- Spray evenly over the entire surface of your shoes from a distance of about 10-15 cm until the entire surface is moist.
- It is advisable to use Liquiproof indoors, otherwise it has a chance of evaporating.
- Make sure you do not miss any spots, otherwise dirt and moisture will get a chance on your shoes!
- Remove all LP residue from non-absorbent materials such as rubber soles, patent leather and buckles before they dry. This prevents staining.
- Then let the shoes air-dry for at least 24 hours after the second treatment.
Tips, guidance and aftercare
- Do not treat your shoes on top of other delicate porous surfaces such as granite or marble worktops. These will also become repellent!
- Test first on an inconspicuous area to check colour fastness. When performing step 3, start with the lightest colours first or use a separate brush for each colour.
- Try not to oversaturate the material! If you have sprayed more than necessary, dry it with a clean absorbent cloth.
- Liquiproof does not fill air gaps and for this reason liquids will still pass through mesh. Dirt will not stick to materials.
- Liquiproof does not guarantee that the coating will work optimally if the shoes have been previously treated with other products. Advice from Liquiproof is to use the coating on new items. The use of cleaning products will reduce the effectiveness on certain materials.
- If liquids do not run off the treated surfaces, rinse with clean water. If it still remains, DO NOT WASH! Dab the surface with a clean cloth and follow the instructions of the item to get it clean again.
How many shoes can I protect with Liquiproof?
- With the 50ml bottle you can protect up to 2 pairs of shoes.
- With the 250ml bottle you can protect up to 10 pairs of shoes.
This is determined by protecting the following models in size 43 EU / 9.5 US.
- Nike Air Max 1
- Asics Gel Lyte III
- Adidas ZX Flux
- Filling Pieces Low Top
Can Liquiproof damage my shoes?
No, Liquiproof provides your shoes with a protective layer that makes them last longer and always look good! There is no discolouration or deformation if you follow the steps we describe.
How long are my shoes protected?
Provided that it is applied as indicated, the effect of Liquiproof isat least 1 year!
Why was it made?
The founder of Liquiproof was tired of his trainers constantly getting ruined at parties and festivals and of the fact that the protection on the market did not offer what he was looking for.
After using various protection sprays, he started his own research into what was possible to bring a reliable protection spray onto the market. After two years of intensive research Liquiproof was born. It went through extreme test cases before being launched on the market, from chocolate sauce, ketchup to red wine!
For more information, please refer to Liquiproof
How does it work?
Liquiproof is the long-term protection of, among other things, your shoes. By means of an invisible barrier, water and oil are prevented from penetrating into the fabric.
Through revolutionary features of nanotechnology, SiO2 particles are bonded to the individual weaves of the surface at nanometre level, which is about 500 times thinner than human hair. These billions of silica particles create permanently bonded layers, which create an invisible barrier to water and oil.
On which materials does it work?
It works on the following materials:
- Synthetic fabrics
On coated leather, patent leather or rubber Liquiproof will NOT work.