General use of Jason Markk
The use of Jason Markk is simple, just follow the steps shown above in the video.
- Dip the brush into a bowl of water and apply a minimal amount of the Jason Markk Premium Cleaner to the brush to polish.
- Dip the brush back into the bowl of water and then shake off the excess water.
- Brush the shoes to create a foaming effect.
- Wipe clean with the Premium Microfibre Towel or a clean towel and, if necessary, repeat the previous steps to clean your shoes.
- Then let your shoes dry for at least 24 hours.
Tips for suede and nubuck
Using Jason Markk on delicate materials such as suede or nubuck requires a little more attention.
Using the Premium Shoe Cleaning Brush, steps 1 to 3 listed on the back of the bottle can be followed. Before you start brushing the shoes, as much excess water as possible should be shaken out of the brush. The suede bristles should become just wet enough so that as little foam as possible is created.
After scrubbing, take the Premium Microfibre Towel and wipe the shoes clean in a rotary motion, towards the back of the shoe.
Then leave your shoes to dry for at least 24 hours. Once dry, you can brush again with a dry brush in a slow, circular motion over the suede to bring the structure back into it.
NOTE: Due to the texture, open pores and different grades of suede, it is somewhat unpredictable. We therefore recommend that you test it on an inconspicuous area first. We do NOT recommend cleaning dyed suede. This is because it is likely to "bleed" if it comes into contact with water. Individual results may vary, so use at your own risk.